“An act establishing the University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines (USTP), providing for the purpose, the amalgamation of Mindanao University of Science and Technology (MUST) and Misamis Oriental State College of Agriculture and Technology (MOSCAT) and appropriating funds therefor. Read full text of RA 10919.
Articulation of the Mandate RA 10919
The USTP exists to contribute to the economic and social development of the country through human capital formation and knowledge generation and application by:
- Providing advanced education and training in critical areas in science, technology, engineering, agriculture, and mathematics, and establish centers of excellence in these areas in order to strengthen the university’s sphere of influence;
- Conducting basic, applied, and advanced research in various fields of specialization;
- Creating a seamless environment for research and teaching, as well as experiential learning for the students and faculty with the involvement of the business and industry thereby eliminating skills mismatch of graduates;
- Providing timely and relevant technological solutions to pressing industrial and societal problems with the involvement of faculty and students;
- Assisting in the development of technopreneurial undertakings to propel economic enterprises at the grassroots level;
- Leading the establishment and creation of new Science and Technology rooted in the practical solutions to global problems.
“AN ACT CONVERTING THE CLAVERIA NATIONAL RURAL HIGH SCHOOL IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF CLAVERIA, PROVINCE OF MISAMIS ORIENTAL, INTO A STATE COLLEGE TO BE KNOWN AS THE MISAMIS ORIENTAL STATE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY, AND APPROPRIATING FUNDS THEREFOR.” Read Full Text Batas Pambansa 402